Flourless Chocolate Cakes: Treat Yo’self!
This Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe is the tried and true recipe I have been making for years. It is simple and easy (with only 4 ingredients!) and pretty guilt-free. I make it with powdered erythritol, usually this one. I love serving it with fresh raspberries. You can drizzle some chocolate sauce on top too, if you’re feeling fancy.
Flourless Chocolate Cakes: Recipe Tips and Variations
- Instead of making 2 larger cakes, you can make 4 smaller cakes if you want a smaller portion. Bake them for 20 minutes instead of 30.
- If you make these in a wide-mouth mason jar, you can serve it with ice cream and chocolate sauce and it is a really cute presentation.
- You can sneak a tablespoon of peanut butter in the middle of the batter (don’t stir it in) for a delicious peanut butter filling.
- You can use egg whites in a carton for this recipe so you aren’t left with a bunch of yolks.
The Goddess Body Program
If you are losing weight on Erica’s Goddess Body Program, you can enjoy these Flourless Chocolate Cakes during loading and in weeks 2 and 3 of maintenance, using erythritol or xylitol. My favourite brand is this one. I don’t endorse breaking the rules, but I will admit that I have had a half portion of a Flourless Chocolate Cake a couple times during the low calorie phase as well (in emergency situations) and it didn’t hinder my weight loss.
Please Comment Below
What is your favourite tried and true chocolate cake recipe? Please comment below, I love hearing from you!
Do You Love Pinterest? Pin It!
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup sugar or sweetener
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- optional: pinch of espresso powder (this enhances the chocolate flavour)
- optional: 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix ingredients together and divide into 2 small ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a 8x8 pan and fill halfway up with water. (This helps them cook evenly.)
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- *Note- you can also divide the batter into 4 ramekins and bake for 20 minutes for a smaller portion.