Cheesecake Brownie Bars: An Accidental New Favourite Recipe
The two best things about these Cheesecake Brownie Bars is that: 1) they come together quicker than a full cheesecake; and 2) brownies!! Need I say more!
Cheesecake Brownie Bars: An Accidental Recipe
These cheesecake brownie bars came about accidentally because I was in the mood for the Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars from All Day I Dream About Food. They are delicious cheesecake bars and one of our go-to dessert recipes. But…. I didn’t have any almond flour or whipping cream. Two roadblocks. I used what I had on hand and played around with it a bit and these cheesecake brownie bars were born!
Everybody loves cheesecake, right? Actually, for the longest time I didn’t think I liked cheesecake. It turns out, I don’t really like graham cracker crusts but I now realize that indeed I do love cheesecake. It’s that tangy-ness that does it for me. Most desserts are just sweet but it is more interesting when you can make it sweet and tangy or sweet and salty (why did it take them so long to come up with salted caramel anyway?!!)
Cheesecake Brownie Bars- Low-carb and Gluten-free
Cheesecake Brownie Bars: Recipe Tips and Variations
- This recipe comes together best if all ingredients are at room temperature. This helps the cream cheese mixture get nice and smooth and thoroughly mixed.
- You can switch up the flavour in this recipe easily by changing up the extract. Instead of vanilla extract, try strawberry or almond or english toffee.
- Instead of chocolate chips, try slivered almonds or pomegranate seeds or raspberries.
- You could try adding some crunchy elements to the brownie half, like chopped nuts. That would be delicious!
- My Insta-friend Leean (aka Low carb Leean) used sour cream instead of yogurt, left out the chocolate chips and drizzled peanut butter on top. Genius! See them on Instagram here.
The Goddess Body Program
If you are losing weight on Erica’s Goddess Body Program, this is a great recipe to use during the fat loading phase. You can have it again in week 3 of maintenance if you use a natural sweetener, like xylitol or erythritol, instead of sugar. My favourite sweetener is this one– no aftertaste and no digestive issues.
Please Comment Below!
Have you ever come up with a recipe by accident and it turned out great? Do you have another cheesecake brownie recipe that you love? Let me know if you give this one a try! I would love to hear from you.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar or natural sweetener like xylitol or erythritol
- 3 large eggs
- 1.5 packages cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup whole milk yogurt (3.5%)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or natural sweetener like xylitol or erythritol
- 1 splash vanilla
- 1 handful chocolate chips- I prefer to use sugar-free chocolate chips sweetened with stevia like Lily’s or Enjoy Life
- Mix everything together and spread into an 8x8 pan.
- Par-bake in a 325 oven for 10 minutes.
- Mix everything together and pour over the brownie layer.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
If you’re looking for another delicious dessert recipe from My Flourless Kitchen, you might enjoy: