Strawberry and Spinach Salad: My Go-to Weekday Lunch
I am obsessed with this simple strawberry and spinach salad with balsamic vinaigrette. It’s such an easy weekday lunch that I find myself missing it any day I have something different. This strawberry spinach salad has only a few ingredients and comes together so quickly but it is so delicious that I had to share.
I find the easiest way to cook chicken breasts and ensure they stay moist and juicy is in a hot oven. I cook them for 20 minutes at 450 degrees and then let them rest before cutting them open. This salad also works great with rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Aren’t those things great?!
Strawberry and Spinach Salad: Recipe Tips and Variations
- Instead of slivered almonds you can add pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, pecans, or for something sweet you could add candied pecans. I just drizzle them with maple syrup and roast them for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
- For some extra flavour you can add sliced red onion or mushrooms or chunks of roasted butternut squash or sweet potato.
- If you don’t feel like adding chicken to your salad, you could add a nice piece of salmon or some leftover steak.
- Instead of goat cheese crumbles, try feta cheese or shaved parmesan.
- I don’t recommend you leave the cheese out of your salad, but if you must, you could leave it out and add chunks of avocado for a creamy element.
- Now that fruit in salads is a thing, I almost can’t go back to salad without fruit, so I don’t like omitting the strawberries. But if you don’t have strawberries you could use grapes or oranges or pears or figs or pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries or sundried tomatoes.
The Goddess Body Program
If you are losing weight on the Goddess Body Program, you can make this Strawberry Spinach Salad during the fat loading phase or in weeks 2 and 3 of maintenance. You can adjust the recipe to make it suitable for the low calorie portion of the protocol by omitting the cheese, nuts and olive oil.
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW!
Let me know if you try this recipe or have any questions or comments. Do you have a go-to recipe for weeknight lunches? Please comment below- I love hearing from you.
Do You Love Pinterest? Pin It!
- 1 chicken breast
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 5 or 6 strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- Bake the chicken for 20 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before you slice it.
- Add spinach, strawberries, goat cheese and slivered almonds to your salad bowl.
- Top with sliced chicken.
- Mix everything well and drizzle on top of salad.
If you’re looking for another delicious salad from My Flourless Kitchen, you might enjoy: